Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Roland Ruan's Essay






Roland Needs a Scholarship to College





I want to apply for a Blessing Hands scholarship. The following is something about me. I'm from a middle school of Qinzhou, Guangxi, China. I'm Ruan. Roland is my English name. In 11.1986, I was born in a village of Guangxi, China. It is a remote village, but very beautiful. I lived through a happy and unforgettable childhood. There, I made friends with many other children. We became young fellows together.

By my teacher, I have come to understand that Blessing Hands is a charity whose goal is to relay love. I have been a Blessing Hands student for one year and have been provided financial aid. Your help was greatly appreciated.

I'll become a university student soon. I'll take accounting as my major. I chose it because I like it. On the other hand, though maybe I cannot help the people who need help in a direct way, I think I can use my major for others in an indirect ways. All the hard work is for something. I do want to be an accountant. So I really want to enter one college which is teaching accounting.

Sometimes I even want to become a volunteer of Blessing Hands, hoping to help someone who is in need of help. I know all of this should be done after I am a true student of the university.

I'm so excited now, but the tuition is a big problem to my family. Because there will be two of my family members to be university students. My family's estimated monthly income in renminbi is 800 Yuan ($43.73), and all of this just comes from my mother. Now I really need help, so I am applying for a Blessing Hands scholarship. If I'm provided with one, I'll study hard. No matter how, I'll try my best to relay our love forever.

Ruan (Roland)
Student ID: 100
National Score: 532
Accounting

Sponsor Roland - Change a life

We are asking for a one year tuition scholarship only, but you can renew if you like next year.Use this donate button to give $500 to Ruan. You can give any amount by using the Google Checkout Button to the right of this page. They will not charge us a processing fee.

If you want to send a check the address is:

Blessing Hands
106 Timber Lane
Morehead, KY 40351

Write to Blessinghands@gmail.com for instructions about how to give if you are in another nation.

Great News!

Liang, who was featured in our last letter, has been picked by two sponsors. One is a Taiwanese student who wrote, " I know that this amount is not enough for student Liang's college tuition. Still I hope my reaction can encourage some others, because I am a student too."

The other sponsor is a teacher who values a promising student. They will share Liang's support.Li Lin from Yangshuo has also been picked from our photo web link for a full scholarship.

Three other students were picked this spring during our pick me campaign, and another student's long time sponsors will send her to college. We still have plenty of students hoping for scholarships. We will be featuring their scholarship essays one at a time from the photo web site. Go pick out a student. http://picasaweb.google.com/zhufuzhishou/CollegeScholarshipStudents

We hope you will sponsor one of them for $500 a year or share in a sponsorship for any amount. Challenge others to give like Liang's sponsor did. Perhaps your church, sorority, or service club can join together to support a scholarship. We are only asking for the first year's scholarship, although you can continue to support your student as long as you want. Research shows that if Chinese students can successfully complete the first year of college, funding and loans are much easier for them to get.