Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Su Lingyun


August, 2009
Su Lingyun is Accepted into College

You can see Lingyun's short scholarship movie at this page.
She needs a $500 college scholarship. You can give at this link.
Su Lingyun Wants to Study Chinese in College
Lingyun was rated second by our scholarship process. I noticed Lingyun's picture the first year we started Blessing Hands because she showed the victory sign in her photo. She is still optimistic even though her mother died last year. She and her younger sister and brother miss her very much. Her sister is 15 and her brother is 17.
With three students in the family, her 46 year old father has a hard time supporting the family alone on the 600 yuan ($88US) per person yearly income they get from their crops.
Her scholarship essay is featured below.
Betty Cutts
Blessing Hands

Su Lingyun Asks for Your Help

Major - Chinese

My name is Su Lingyun, and I am from Qinzhou No.1 Middle School. I have been a Blessing Hands student for three years. Thanks Blessing Hands and all kind Americans who have helped us very much. Thank you.
What you have given to me is not just money, but love. The love, which is across the Pacific Ocean from America, makes me feel warm. I believe that the love can be spread widely by us. I will try my best to do good things to others.
Now, I am a senior 3 student. The national college entrance examination is around the corner. I have been working hard to prepare for the national college entrance examination, and I believe that I will be admitted by a key university, but I worry about my fee. I don't have enough money to pay for my expense of a university.
I live in a small village and my family is poor but happy. We love each other very much. My father is a simple farmer. My mother left us forever last year. My younger brother and my younger sister are both studying in middle school. My Father can't afford enough money to support the family, though he works day and night, so I hope that some of you can help me come over the big difficulty. If you can help me, I will get close to my dream. Anyway, thanks to all the kind people.
Thank you,
Su Lingyun
National Score: 533
You can contact us at this e-mail
Or Send mail to Blessing Hands
106 Timber Lane
Morehead, KY 40351
Join Our Mailing List!