Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where There is a Will There is a Way

Luo Piaoling Looks for a Way
Good News!

Two sponsors have shared Su Lingyun's scholarship expenses. She will go to college! That makes two scholarships provided so far for our students. Thank you so much.


Subscribe to Our Newsletter!








Give by credit card in the link above or send a check to the address below.

106 Timber Lane
Morehead, Kentucky 40351
606 784 4785

Luo Piaoling


If you look closely in the corner of Luo Piaoling's eyes, you will see the tears she was unable to hold back when she interviewed for a scholarship in Qinzhou.

Piaoling is one of our students who took her last year of high school over. We don't give students tuition for a repeated year, but we do consider them for scholarships. She brought her national score up to 538, the third highest of all our students applying. She plans to major in English teaching or economics and has been accepted into a key university. What a success story!

There are four students in her farm family who need educational expenses. She has a 16 year old sister, a 14 year old brother, and 10 year old brother. Her mother is often ill and cannot help to support the family.

The pressure of studying and interviewing must have weighed on her. She dissolved into sobs during the interview. I finally just hugged her and cried with her. The tears of scholarship applicants just make me more determined to help them in any way I can. Please help her realize her dream of going to college.

You can see her scholarship movie at this Youtube address. We edited out the te
ars.

Where There is a Will There is a Way.


My name is Luo Piaoling, a 19-year- old girl. Thank you very much for giving me help. I have been a Blessing Hands student since 2007. I graduated from Qinzhou No. 8 Middle School in 2008, but then I studied in Qinzhou No.1 Middle School this year. This is my application for a Blessing Hands scholarship for the fall of 2009.

I didn't do well in the college entrance examination of 2008, but I don't lose my heart. I have been trying my best and made big progress in the entrance examination of 2009, scoring 538. I intend to major in English teaching or economics in Guangxi University.

I am confident of my future. I want to change our life by education. However, my family is too poor to afford the high tuition of college, though my father is working hard to earn money. My father is making his effort to pay our tuition, but sometimes he can hardly make it. My mother is weak and needs treatment now and then. Four children are at school.

However, I don't give up my education. I always believe that I will be able to change our life by working hard. I can face the difficulty, because I get love and encouragement from many friends, my family, my teachers and Blessing Hands. "Where there is a will, there is a way. I need your help to fulfill my education. I think a college education will make me get more knowledge and skills to help others.

Sincerely
Luo Piaoling




Thanks you for reading about Luo Piaoling. We hope that you will give to her scholarship. You can give any amount using Google Checkout at this link.

Help her fulfill her college dream and give her a way out of poverty.


Sincerely,
Betty Cutts
Blessing Hands