Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Windy Worked This Summer to Earn Her College Tuition

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Blessing Hands
Change a Student's Life
In this issue...
Windy Worked Last Summer
Dasi High School
Two Sisters have a sponsor
Be a Blessing Hand

Windy Worked Last Summer to Earn her Tuition to College.

She did not get to make a movie or interview.

Liang Minmin called me on her teacher's phone twice while I was in China to emphasize her desire to go to college and explain why she could not be in Qinzhou to interview for a scholarship. She was working to make money for college. She also sent me many pictures.

She has been accepted into a three year college and is majoring in computers. Only two Blessing Hands students from her school were accepted into college this year.

She entered her college on the 9th of September, but she still has not paid her tuition, because she does not have enough money. She is very eager to pay her tuition and be allowed to continue to study.

You can help her with a gift of $500 for a scholarship. This
link will allow you to use your credit card, or you can send a check to Blessing Hands, 106 Timber Lane, Morehead, KY, 4035.

If you can only give a little, she would still gladly receive it. Please also forward this to others you know who might be interested in helping her.


Blessings,
Betty Cutts
Founder of Blessing Hands

Windy speaks for herself.


I'm a student from Dasi Middle school. My name is Liang Minmin, and Windy is my English name. I have been a Blessing Hands student for three years. With the help of Blessing Hands, I can finish my senior study. So I am touched. I say thanks for Blessing Hand's help.
I like studying. I know knowledge can change my life. Because of my poor condition, I haven't any choice. I want to apply for a scholarship. My family is very poor. I have three sisters and two brothers. They are all students. We need a lot of money. My parents are farmers. My grandparents are very old. They are in poor health. My grandmother is always in the hospital. My parents cannot afford the medical treatment and our tuition. So I really hope to receive your help.
Today, I receive your help, but later I will help those who need help in the future.
Best wishes,

Liang Minmin
National Score 355
Contact Information
106 Timber Lane
Morehead, Kentucky 40351
219 232 8887


Dasi High School

A Rural School of Several Thousand Students



















I asked to visit Dasi School in July because I had always been impressed with the teacher's dedication to her 10 Blessing Hands students. The students live so far from school yet. Jenny Huang, the Blessing Hands volunteer teacher at Dasi, is always able to get her students to our tuition gatherings in Qinzhou, even though her students have to come a long way from their homes.

Jenny is in red under the blue umbrella in the photo. Dasi High School is very proud of their graduates like Minmin that get accepted into colleges.

Here you can see pictures of Dasi High School.

Classroom
classroom

Dorm with laundry drying.
Students sleep 12 to a room and sometimes two to a bed.




Teacher's rooms








Concrete ping pong tables



Teachers' dorms




Reading room

Recent Letter from Windy

I came to school on 9th, but I have not handed in the tuition until now, because I don't have enough money. Blessing Hands helped me with tuition continually (when she was in high school). I'm so happy and touched. Thank you.

At the same time, thanks to all the people who help me.


Liang Minmin

Qin Yuqiong's Two Sisters Have a Sponsor now.

Good news!

Qin Yuqiong does not have a sponsor yet, but her two sisters have a sponsor. One person wrote and asked to support the two younger sisters. Thank you so much.


I just hope that Qin Yuqiong herself will get a sponsor. You can give to her at this
link.

Follow-up Links
About Us

Blessing Hands is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt USA charity that helps Chinese students in Yangshuo and Qinzhou, China go to school. Yangshuo is the Sister City of Morehead, KY, where Blessing Hands is located. We emphasize that our students can become blessing hands as they have been blessed. We have over 360 students from primary to college age in our program.