Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Zhang Gongwen wants to be a teacher.


Zhang Gongwen Tells Her Story. 

Zhang Gongwen Will be a Primary Teacher
Zhang  Gongwen  张功雯
Zhang Gongwen 张功雯
Gongwen Tells Her Story
My home has four mouths to feed. My grandmother is aging and my father's body is ill. Each operation can't completely clear the gallstones in his body. For two years he has had expensive operations that take him from our family for a long time. He also has to take medication regularly and always has a high fever. He frightened us to death in the middle of the night. It was really terrible. My mother's body is not good either. She picks fruit for a living, but she cannot earn much. She is very diligent to help the family eat. 
Since I have graduated from high school and want to go to college my family's pressure has increased. To be honest, I have thought that I would not study but work to make their lives not as hard. It is my parent's heart to send me to school, however. Thank you for helping my family for 10 years. You made our winter family warm. 
Zhang Gongwen
Mike Writes about Being Chen Jiqing's Sponsor

Mike Rayburn
Mike Rayburn
I was thinking after I emailed you --- what an opportunity for someone like me, with not that much money, to perhaps be instrumental in helping someone become a doctor--- with all that might lead to in the future!   I hope she'll be successful... and I can't really promise right now, but I'll tell you now that if I possibly can do it, I would be happy to help Chen Jiqing every time she has a need until she can graduate.
I wish there were some way to persuade more people to contribute to Blessing Hands.  I can't imagine being involved in this process and not having the desire to continue.  Knowing something of the kids, the schools, their families, makes it so personal that it feels so much better to me than donating to organizations that I'm sure use the money for good purposes---but in a way that leaves me just having to trust that somehow they are using my contribution for the benefit of those who need it --- and sometimes wondering if maybe there is a lot of waste or corruption that is eating up what should be going to those in need.  With Blessing Hands, I know where the money goes---and I can have a real sense of how important --- perhaps essential --- even my small contribution is to someone whose life might be forced onto a completely different path without having that opportunity to go on to school and a brighter future.
 I'm thrilled that you are there -- for me to have the opportunity to help kids in China who I could never find on my own.
 Mike Rayburn
It is sponsors like Mike who have given scholarships to Chen Jialing  and Zeng Aihua, who were featured in our last newsletter. It is indeed more fun to give than to receive. 
 $45 a month will add up to a scholarship. 


Like Mike, you can change Zhang's life and the lives of many primary students.
hang Gongwen in 2006
Zhang Gongwen in 2006.   Now she wants to be a   primary teacher.

Betty Cutts with Zhang Gongwen
Betty Cutts with Zhang Gongwen
                                
Gongwen has been one of our students for 10 years. She has worked hard to help herself and others. Please help her finish two years at the Teacher Institute of Guilin Normal College and become a primary teacher. She needs $650 s year. That is just $54 a  month with an automatic bill pay from your bank. 


Send checks to: Blessing Hands, 106 Timber Lane, Morehead, KY 40351