Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Liang's Scholarship Essay

Liang Needs a Scholarship to College


Liang's school picture and essay are featured in his own video below. Play the movie to enjoy his story. Thanks goes to Morehead State University student Johnathan Thornsberry for his production of this one minute picture collage.

Liang Needs
College Tuition Help

My name is Liang. I'm at the age of 18. I was born in a beautiful town in Yangshuo County. I was born in a poor family. My parents always worried about my school tuition. However, the ability of earning money is limited, so they have to borrow some money from a relative.
I have a strong will to do the things that I want to do. I'm interested in studying. To be a person who does nothing is not what I want. I would occupy myself in studying or working. I cannot stand eating without doing something. If I have free time, I will make the most use of it, such as spending it in reading or repairing something that is bad.

Besides badminton, table tennis is my favorite sport. Even though I'm not good at them, I still enjoy the fun of playing them. I believe that a good body is the base of hard working.

When it comes to my dreams, I always said I wanted to be a scientist. I have a special love of physics. I think I will take up physics classes, and I want to make some contribution to society. With the college entrance test ended, I can say I have graduated from Yangshuo Senior High School. In school, I was awarded prizes every year for my hard studying.

Thank you for giving me partial senior school aid. As I have graduated, I'm going to college. However, when it comes to the college tuition expenses, it is a great difficulty to me. The college tuition expense is beyond my family's ability.
There are two people studying in school, my little sister and I. My little sister is one year younger than me, and she is going to be a senior three student, which means spending a great deal of money.
What is worse, my family can't afford anymore for there are few incomes in our family. Besides, my father has a disease. As money is lacking, it cannot be cured. In a word, my family is short of money.

So I have to apply to Blessing Hands for partial college aid. I promise if I get the money, I will only spend it on my college tuition.
Thank you again. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours,
Liang


Student ID: 417


You can sponsor Liang's tuition in college for $500 a year or share in his sponsorship for any amount.


Give using the Google Checkout button on our blog that charges us no fee.

If you live in a foreign nation and want to give, write for more information about how to donate to Liang - BlessingHands@gmail.com.

If you prefer to pay by check, send you check for Liang's tuition to:

Blessing Hands
106 Timber Lane
Morehead, KY 40351
USA

He needs his tuition soon so take action today.

Donations to Blessing Hands are fully tax deductible in the USA.