Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Tim Liao Visits Dandelion Families

 

Tim Liao Visits More Families Under the Care of the Dandelion Children's Foundation. 

Tim Liao, our Blessing Hands administrator in Nanning, China recently went to Yulin to visit the students of Blessing Hands that are in the care of the Dandelion Children's Foundation. We are giving sponsorships for 84 of their students who live at Dandelion House or in family foster care. Ms. Wei Meihua and Dandelion Director Qiu Lin went with Tim Liao.


You can read a report of their visit in Chinese here. 


The Chen sisters and their younger brother are looked after by their uncle and aunt since their parents are not able to. They receive government subsistence allowances.


 You can sponsor each of the girls for $22 a month or $268 a year. Give on our website

Guangfeng

Qing

Hello, everyone! My name is Guangfeng. I am ten years old. I’m a student in grade three. I come from Guangxi, Yulin City. There are three people in my family - my sister Qing who is nine, my little brother Guo, and me.


I had a sad childhood. My dad died because of illness seven years ago. Since then mom tried her best to take care of us. Although it was a difficult life, we were very happy.


Unfortunately, my dear mom couldn’t stand the pain and suffering. She left us in the world three years ago. My elder uncle, who is 70 years old has raised us for years There are eight people in his family. He can’t afford to pay for us. Now my sister and I are raised at Dandelion Children’s Center, where there are many children like us. How I wish someone can help us! 


You can sponsor each of them for $22 a month or $268 a year at this link. 

Tim Liao is with the Liang Sisters.

Guangkun has a sponsor, but Xueping needs one. 

Xueping


Xueping also needs a sponsor. Her father has no education and works as a farmer and a construction handyman at home. Her mother suffers from mental illness and has a first-degree disability, Her parents are divorced. Her stepmother suffers from mental retardation and belongs to the second level of disability. Her older sister, Guangkun is studying at Xinfeng Town Junior High School in Beiliu City. There is also a younger brother, Xianghai, who is frail and sickly. Now her grandfather is paralyzed and hospitalized. Someone has to take care of him, so the family has no source of income.


Xueping is a second-year student in High School. She is a child full of positive energy. She faces the changes in the family positively. At the same time, she is an ideal girl. Her goal is to be admitted to Chongqing University. She needs $403 in sponsorship each year since high school is more expensive. Will you sponsor her? You can give on our website

The Yulin Daily paper ran this report on our activities with the Dandelion Foundation. Mr. Qui, the Director of Dandelion, is also a famous reporter at the local newspaper. He did this interesting human interest story about Blessing Hands (祝福之手). We are getting to be known in Yulin.

Xiaoping


Hello everyone! My name is Xiaoping, and I am a girl. I am 12 years old. I come from Guangxi, Yulin City. I am the only person in my family. My dear dad died because of illness when I was a little baby, and my mom has gone since then. So I was raised by my elder uncle and his wife - my aunt. They are farmers. There are already three children in my elder uncle’s family. It’s so difficult for my elder uncle to raise four children. Now I am living in Yulin City Dandelion Children Center, where there are many children like me.  


Xiaoping is in the 6th grade at Fumian Shuiling Primary School. Her sponsorship is $268 a year or $22 a month. You can sponsor her by giving on our Website, or sending a check to Blessing Hands, 106 Timber Lane, Morehead, KY, 40351.

Jessica Mansfield recently presented this video to the Lexington Chinese Christian Church Bible School. Perhaps you will enjoy it.

Blessing Hands was recently awarded a Platinum Seal of Transparency for 2022. This is the highest seal that is given by Candid. This website is often used to evaluate the transparency of American Nonprofits. 


You can see our Charity Report for yourself at this link. 

You can give the student's yearly support on our Website link.