Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Welcome to Blessing Hands' Newsletter.

Xiaomin Oney and I had a wonderful response to our table at the Arts and Crafts Festival In Morehead and raised $251.50 for scholarships to college. We gave away bottle openers, Yangshuo postcards, candy, and people's names in Chinese for donations.

These folks were from the Philippines and are interested in our 20 students at Riversprings School in Manila.

Phil Blake helped set up our tent. In this photo, I am giving him a flier about our Rotary Radio Day.

Lu Xiaoying and her daughter Lindsay Wang volunteered to write people's names in Chinese names for a donation.

Yujia will need a four-year commitment to a scholarship. You can give it yearly on our website. Click here.

Jinping Li needs

$650 for a College Scholarship for 4 years


Hello everyone, my name is Li Jinping. I am 19 years old. I come from Jiepai Village, Yangcun Town, Rong County, Yulin City, and live in a poor family. In February 2021, my father passed away in an accident and my mother became the only laborer in our family. 


Her health is not very good. She has cervical spondylosis and hand numbness, and she often needs to take medicine. In addition, there is a 78-year-old grandfather to take care of at home, who has high blood pressure and emphysema. In order to take care of the family, my mother could only work in an electronics factory in town, earning only about 1,000 yuan a month ($413). I also have a younger brother who is in junior high school.


This year I took the college entrance examination and was admitted to Guilin University of Electronic Science and Technology with a score of 528. This is something to be happy about, but our family is in trouble. Going to college requires a lot of money, and with my mother’s meager salary, I simply can’t afford college. I hope some caring people can help me get through this.



Li Jinping 


Click here to give on our website.



Haiying hopes for a three-year scholarship at $650 a year.


Hello everyone!



My name is Li Haiying. In September of this year, I was admitted to Beihai Vocational College of Wellness but my family's situation is not optimistic. My frail grandmother has had to rely on drugs for a long time to maintain her life. My elderly grandfather cannot do physical work. My parents have worked away from home for a long time but can barely maintain the family's expenditure.


My tuition fees will make my already poor family even worse. Thank you very much for your help. During my studies at the university, I will work hard to learn good skills so one day I can save and treat people well. Thank you for your help!


Li Haiying


Click here to give on our website.

Jiang Wei Needs $650 a year for Three Years.



Hello everyone! My name is Jiang Wei, and I am admitted to be an e-commerce major at the School of Information Engineering of Guangxi Water Conservancy and Electric Power Vocational and Technical College this year.


My family situation is miserable. My grandfather had a myocardial infarction and had to take medicine for life. My aged grandmother cannot work. I have a younger brother in junior high school. My parents' income can barely support our family's expenses, and now with my tuition fees, these high expenses are even worse for our family which was already not rich.


I hope to get your help to help me finish college. The grace of dripping water, the spring in return.


Thank you!


Jiang Wei


Click here to give on our website.