Welcome to our Blessing Hands Blog

Thanks for visiting our website and learning about our charity that helps impoverished children stay in school.

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Early GoodGiving Now Open

 

GOODGIVING CHALLENGE

The GoodGiving Challenge is an Online Fundraiser for KY Nonprofits Hosted by the Blue Grass Community Foundation.


Early Giving is now open!

EARLY GIVING, NOVEMBER 14-27

I was poised and ready to give my donation to be matched this morning at 9 am sharp to take advantage of the James A. and Martha R. Brown Charitable Foundation match which is providing a $50,000 match pool that will match donations of 50 cents per $1, on gifts up to $250 (maximum match $125 per gift). I had encouraged my husband to use his computer to give too, so Blessing Hands would have two "unique donors".


It was not simple. First, there was the matter of a password that was forgotten. After a new password was generated, it was already nearly 9 am. The pressure was on. I finally realized that the password could be overcome by electing to give as a guest. But then personal information still had to be entered including address, phone, state, etc. By then it was past 9 am, and I knew from experience that match pools go quickly when 195 charities are all after the same match. I suggest that you do all that preparation before the beginning of a match at this link.


Both computers finally donated by around 9:25 am. I can only hope that others had just as much trouble and somehow a match would still come through to make our donation double by half, but I will not know if we were successful until much later. The link to my sponsorship giving page is here.


That is when I found a YouTube movie especially made by the Blue Grass Community Foundation to show donors like us how to use their giving pages and special fundraising pages generated by our supporters. In hopes of saving you some trauma, I have put it in this newsletter below. A non-related video will start automatically after the GoodGiving one finishes. Please come back to the newsletter instead of watching it.

How to give using a credit/debit or ACH/electronic check.

Attention Sponsors


Think of all the students who will be helped by the Challenge, especially those who don't even have a computer to frustrate them. We received new student pictures from Thailand recently. We have deliberately waited to remind sponsors to give their sponsored students support for the year because we want them to benefit from the matches that will be starting on Giving Tuesday, November 28th through December 1st when matches will be in effect.


For example from 9 pm to 11:59 pm on Tuesday the 28th, the Thomson R. Bryant Jr. and Betty R. Bryant Fund at BGCF will match gifts dollar for dollar until their $13,000 match is exhausted. Most of it will be matched in the first 2 minutes. If you sponsor a primary child, like Fuer for $100 a year, you could sponsor two students, Yangde and Fuer by giving during that match. Both students need sponsors. Contact us to sponsor them. You can always send a check to Blessing Hands, 106 Timber Lane, Morehead, KY, 40351 to sponsor a student.














Hi, my name is Fuer, I’m 8 years old now. My mother died 2 years ago. My father works at En Hui School as a security guard. He brings me and my cousins to school every day. My grandma takes care of all of us. She’s now 70 years old. She sometimes goes outside working to earn some money. 

Hi, my name is Yangde, I’m 8 now. I’m the fifth in my family. My father and my mother both work unstable jobs, and my grandparents take care of five of us. I have 3 younger brothers and sisters in my family. I wish that I could change my life to help my family. Some of my relatives help us in daily expenses. 

Another Good Match Happens Daily from 4 to 6 pm During

The POWER HOUR.


Mason Investments will match the first $2,500 in donations, 50¢ per $1, on gifts up to $100. Also every day during this timeframe, Blue Grass Community Foundation will randomly select a donation to receive a $500 prize!



DAILY PRIZES


There will also be daily prizes that you can earn on social media without giving any money at all. Each day of the Challenge, Blue Grass Community Foundation will make a special post on one of their social media channels. Simply “like” BIue Grass Community Foundation (@BGCFKY) on their Facebook and Instagram pages and follow the directions in their daily posts to win $250 prizes for the nonprofit of your choice!

GoodGiving Challenge Special Prizes

One more important opportunity is related to getting unique donors. See the post below that shows how important it is to have many unique donors giving as little as $25. 


SPECIAL PRIZES


INDEPENDENCE BANK $1,776 HUMAN SERVICES PRIZE


TUESDAY, NOV. 28 at 9 AM - THURSDAY, NOV. 30 at 11:59 PM


The five nonprofits in the Human Services category with the highest number of unique donors from the start of the Challenge through Thursday at 11:59 pm will be entered into a drawing for a $1,776 prize! The prize will be announced on Facebook and Instagram Live on Friday, Dec. 1 at noon!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30


9 am - 9 pm


This challenge is all about participation!


  • Every nonprofit with 50 or more donors of at least $25 will be entered in a drawing for one of three $2,500 endowment prizes.
  • The nonprofit with the highest number of donors contributing $25 or more will win a $10,000 endowment prize.
  • The nonprofit with the second-highest number of donors contributing $25 or more will win a $7,500 endowment prize.
  • And the nonprofit with the third-highest number of donors contributing $25 or more will win a $5,000 endowment prize.


We love endowment prizes since we want to increase our endowment for the future growth of Blessing Hands.


Give to the GoodGiving Challenge.